Sunday, October 28, 2012

That Running High!

I must say, I am incredibly proud of myself today! I haven't had a good long run in about a week because of various events that got in my way, so today's run I jumped from an 11 minute run to a 14 minute run! A cold front came though so the weather got a little chilly, plus I had just eaten a large-ish dinner and had a fully belly, and my gym buddy bailed so I had a bit less motivation. None of that stopped me though! I ended up doing a 17 minute run and I felt fantastic, I even considered going a little bit longer but I didn't want to get too far ahead of myself. 

It say's 20, but that's because it
includes a couple minutes
of walking before I remembered
to turn it off.
Rather than the cooler weather making it harder to breath, it actually just felt fantastic! I am getting better about breathing the right way so I'm not huffing and puffing 3 minutes in, so that may have helped too. This makes me really excited about the 5k being in December! In the daylight I assume the December weather will be much like tonight's weather and it felt amazing the whole time. The only problem tonight was the wind; I use MapMyRun to track my speed and distance and I noticed my over all speed was about 4 mph rather than my usual 5 - 5.5 mph (I know I'm slow, but I'm getting there!) and I think it was because for about half of the run I was going against the wind.

When I got home from my run I was on a total running high! I felt awesome...better than awesome! I ripped through my circuit workout and I planned on vacuuming my room when I got back... which turned into cleaning my entire apartment! I didn't want to loose my high by sitting at my computer (like right now...) so I just decided to go, go, go and put my energy to good use. It's funny to think that about an hour before I ran I was considering not running because I was so tired, and then I stayed up even longer for spontaneous cleaning. All in all, this was a very successful run! I hope I will get some more like this and the weather will stay beautiful for me to take advantage of it! 

        

No comments:

Post a Comment