Thursday, October 18, 2012

Night Running


My plan was to go to the gym to run again because of how dark it would be at 8 o'clock at this time of year, but my gym buddy didn't feel go so we decided not to go. For a brief moment I thought, "Yes, Excuse not to run!" Then I quickly realized that I would just be letting myself down. So instead I ran outside, despite the darkness. 

Much to my surprise, it was actually quite pleasant running at night with just the street lights and my little flash light. I still ran with music, but without the distraction of the busy world it really gave me a chance to enjoy the run and clear my mind. Not to mention the lack of heat and humidity now that the weather is starting to cool off, so the night breeze felt fantastic. I'm really glad I didn't fall into the temptation and not run, because it ended up being a very satisfying. I'm realizing the all the right muscles are still there, it's just a matter of waking them up. I was really worried about being sore after the first run, but I wasn't at all and the second run felt even better. 

Tomorrow is a 10 minute run which will hopefully come easy to me again, but I really don't know what to expect. What I do know is  that I am REALLY looking forward to the color run and this training will all be worth it on that day! 

Count down to the Color Run: 57 Days!   



Random side note: I finally got on an intramural volleyball team! I am so excited to start playing again. I have a class until 8:30 on Monday nights and I have to be at the gym for volleyball at 9:30 so it conveniently gives me plenty of time to go right after class and finish my run before playing. Yay!   

No comments:

Post a Comment