Saturday, July 14, 2012

Too HOT!

   So my last run SUCKED! I lost track of time on Friday and before I knew it to was too dark to run. I decided, so I don't further put myself behind, I would get up at 8 this morning and run. I forgot how hot it already was as early as 8am! Now I remember why I started running in the evenings. If anything, how I felt running in the heat was an incentive not to take a week off, but I'm pretty sure it had more to do with the heat than my endurance. It wasn't so bad in the shade, but once I was in the sun I thought I was going to die! I'm a little worried because my 5k is at 9am, it's in December so it SHOULD be cooler, but that means nothing in Florida. 
   I'm thinking I might start spoiling myself during this training period and running in the gym on the indoor track at least until the weather cools down a little more. For tomorrows run I plan to run at night around the neighborhood, but if I ever miss a night run again and decide to make it up the next morning, I'm going to the gym, it's just too hot!  
   On a much better note, yesterday I looked at a picture of me in a bathing suit before I started running and then a recent one. The results are already showing in the mid section! I didn't even realize it from looking day to day, but after comparing the two pictures there is definitely a difference. I have a feeling combining the circuit work out with running is whats really helping tone my mid section. It was a fantastic incentive to see some results! It's nothing drastic, but definitely looks nice.    

No comments:

Post a Comment