Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Off Schedule

   So I went of vacation and it kind of threw off the entire schedule. I only ran two days the week I was on vacation, one was a 13 minute run and the other a 15 minute run and including the walk time they were both about two miles. Then when I got back I skipped two days trying to catch back up with life and I decided rather than messing everything up trying to make it work I would just push the schedule back to make up the runs I missed. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be because it only put me a week off, it just feels like I've missed a lot because I've gotten in the habit of running and then stopped for like 4 days. Luckily I've been really active both on vacation and when I got back home so I think I can still successfully do a 15 minute run without too much trouble. 
   Knowing I have things going on the next couple of days I decided to be realistic with myself and not schedule my next run until Friday. Now if I stay on track from here on out I should be able to do a 30 minute run by Aug. 4th. WOW! That means I will be doubling the time I run in four weeks! Hopefully it's not too hard to keep up with without the schedule to follow once I complete it. My 5k is in December so that means I will have another five months to keep myself in running shape with out any track to follow. In the next 4 weeks I think I'm going to really need to make a regular running schedule/time so I don't let myself down. I might even try to involve gym time after classes since I'll already be on campus by the gym.  


      On another subject, running on the beach is wayyy harder that on a side walk. Not just the sand was hard on me but the salty air made it very hard to breathe and when I ran right before sun it was still super hot without any shade. That ocean breeze doesn't exist when you run. I must admit though, the view and atmosphere is so much nicer, I think I could get used to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment