Friday, June 29, 2012

Heat!

   It's summer, which means it's been getting really hot outside when the sun is up. After all that rain the sky is nearly cloudless now, which is fantastic... unless your working out. For a while I would get up around 8 and go for a run, but then just once I ran later in the day because I didn't want to get up early and realized how much cooler it was outside at 8pm rather than am. So now I run in the evenings so I can sleep in. It almost always works out better anyway. Except for this past run. 

   It had been a while since I ran when the sun was still high in the sky, but I had to leave to go some where at 8pm so I decided to run at 7pm. I honestly didn't think it would make that much of a difference, but I REALLY think it did. I was nearly BEAT DOWN by the heat about half way though my run which is pretty unusual here lately. I've heard it's better to run in the heat while training because your body learns how to cool itself down better. Yeah, not so sure that's worth it. I'm about 90% sure I was completely red faced by the time I was done. I finished my 11 minutes, but I didn't do the circuit more so because of the lack of time I had than lack of energy.

  
   I know not every run is going to be my best, but I really thought I was reaching a break through when I had a fantastic run the other day. I guess I just have to continue pushing through the difficult patches to get to my goal! My next run is tomorrow and it increase by two minutes (13mins) rather than just one like it has been. Then two days later it increases another  two minutes (15mins). I REALLY hope I get through them successfully, I usually don't quit on myself but I feel like a two minute increase twice in a row is going to be rough. What I do have to look forward to is the mile and a half I should be able to run in the 15 minute run! Which is half of a 5k! Half way to completing my goal!  

No comments:

Post a Comment