Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Debby & The Color Run

   First of all I have to admit that I had to skip a day, which really sucked. I missed the 5,10,5 day and running 11 minutes today was killer. I was thinking "psh I got this" until about 9 minutes into the run when I thought  "why did I let myself skip!" I think I stopped like 20 seconds early because I set one of those "I'm going to at least make it to that corner!" goals, and then I couldn't push myself anymore. Although I am proud to say that I can run a full mile now and after completing the circuit and showering I feel fantastic now! 
Where's Florida? 
    To the left is my excuse. Tropical storm Debby decided to send lots of wind and rain and I was not about to run through streets covered in puddles and broken branches, just not worth it. I debated going to the gym and doing the indoor track or treadmill, but something about going to the gym alone just bothers me. I feel like people stare or judge me, if someone else is with me I don't think about it as much. plus I didn't want to drive in the unpredictable weather. So I skipped a day, but I'll catch up. 
   On a better note, I now have a reason to run and complete this 5k training thing and I am extremely excited about it! I found a link to The Color Run and decided I had to do it! A couple of my friends are going to sign up with me as a team and I am so excited! The best part is that this 5k isn't all about speed so coming in first or last doesn't really matter. It's just one of those things you can say you did, plus it donates to a charity. Once I pay to register there's no turning back so I will be even more committed to training. It's not until December so I have plenty of time to get in super running shape and finish that 5k with my friends! Hopefully I can talk them into going on some runs with me while training, it's always nice to have a running buddy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment