Saturday, June 23, 2012

Circuit Work Outs


Single Song Workouts   I decided that just running wasn't enough. Even though I've read and been told that running is one of those exercises that gives your entire body a good work out (which is why I decided to do it), I've also read that it doesn't do much for belly fat. So I decided to some what cross train and add some short circuit work outs that include ab exercises to my run, which I also found on pinterest. I'm not so sure about how much of a difference they're going to make, but I figured it's worth a try and at least a start. 
    Today's run was different from what it usually  is. It started with a 6 minute jog, then a 5 minute walk, another 6 minute jog, and then another 5 minute walk. When I used to have to run for P.E. in high school and what not this run, walk, run again, walk again method was usually what I would do. Now that I've started training myself for long distance I've realized that messing with my pace makes it a lot harder to pick back up and run again. Plus in the second jog I started getting shin splits even though I did my usual stretches to avoid them. I have a feeling who ever made the training schedule did it to show how hard it was to get going again after you quit. I finished the whole thing though and the jogging part ended up being a mile! It's been a long time since I've been able to run a mile with out feeling like I'm going to die when I'm done, actually I'm pretty sure that's never happened. This time I felt on top of the world! Pushing myself a little further and completing the run without giving up each time is such a reward in itself! 
    After my run I did one of the circuit work outs which went well but after wearing myself out from running it becomes more of a challenge even though it is pretty short. At first I started doing the circuits before I ran but then I realized it was making me not want to run so I switched and ran first and then did a circuit. Ultimately, once I get in a little bit better shape, I'd like to be able to stretch, do one of these circuits, run, and rest for a bit and then do a longer more challenging circuit. We'll see. 
    Oh, and in my last blog I talked about having an upset stomach before and after I ran. An update on that: I don't regret that run at all because the next morning I woke up and felt fine and haven't had any tummy troubles since then. Yay :)      




No comments:

Post a Comment