Thursday, June 21, 2012

Upset Tummy

   I have been trying very veryyy VERY hard to stick to this running schedule. I've only skipped two days and one was a day that I walked all over Disney so I don't really think that counts and the other I made it up on one of the two rest days in a row. 


   The last couple days my stomach has been bothering me on and off and I wasn't very sure about running tonight or not. But like I said earlier I really hate skipping days. I'm realizing now that I should have ran this morning when I was feeling fine and it wasn't raining but instead I decided to be lazy and sleep a little longer and wait until it was cooler at night. As later hit and it started to cool off outside my stomach started acting up again. I went back and forth with myself and decided to wait for it to settle down a bit and then run. My next issue was the rain, luckily it was only sprinkling when I decided to run so the ran wasn't much of a problem except for the slippery sidewalks that made me a little worried that I was going to slip and twist an ankle. I survived. 


   I started my run with a mind set of - I'll quit running and walk home if my stomach upsets me, something is better than nothing - great quitter attitude, right? Much to my own surprise I completed the run without even a cramp, and even more to my own surprise I didn't even look at my stopwatch to see how much longer I had until the last two minutes of my run. That usually happens within the first three minutes of my run. 


   Now when I settled back down at home was a different story. I was feeling on top of the world with my success from not letting the upset tummy get in my way, and then the uncomfortable bubbles came back and I was so sure I was going to throw up. After taking a cold/hot/cold/hot/cold shower (I couldn't stand one or the other for very long) and taking a few tums I started to feel better and thankfully didn't throw up. I'm not quite sure yet if I regret running tonight, if I feel fine tomorrow I probably wont. If I feel worse I probably will, but maybe not because I'm still kind of proud of myself for not quitting. Meh "/ we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment